• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2007 257B2 newbie

atvfan2000

Hello and thanks for the help,
I am looking at A 2007 257B2 with 1780hrs SN CAT0257BTSLK07405.
The machine is very clean with new tracks, they are asking $25,500.00 which seems average in my market.
I have had older case models and looking for some advise.
First I would like confirmation that it has the 3044C Mits engine, the listed specs say it does but the dealer selling it lists it as 61HP which doesn't match. It has a bunch of options that I have never had (enclosed cab, heat/AC, hyd QT, cold start, etc). All of the switches are labeled with universal icons instead of descriptions (it looks like a plane cockpit to me LOL). Does the user manual explain what each does? Is there a legend that identifies the icons? Lastly and most importantly, I am a casual user (100 hrs a year of light digging, grading, brush and tree, snow removal and lifting) but am looking forward to the comfort and options of this machine. Will it be fairly reliable for home use with normal maintenance?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Can't comment on the price but regarding the pictograph icons for the controls they should all be explained in the Operation & Maintenance Manual. A paper copy of this manual OUGHT to be in the pocket behind the seat, at least it was when it left the factory. If you do buy the machine and it doesn't have an O&M manual you can download a copy from a Cat website for about $60, a very good investment IMHO, because it covers all the basic maintenance tasks as well as operation.
According to the system the engine on this particular machine is a 3024C rated for 61BHP @ 3000RPM.

atvfan2000

Thank you for the info. I was afraid of that, with all the horror stories I have seen with that engine I am moving on.