• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 John Deere 27d

Buck25

Looking at buying a 2006 John Deere 27d for trenching. Anyone have any opinions on that machine?

trenchman

I have a 27c and it's a very handy little machine in tight spots and has been very relialbe. I have a little over 1000 hours on it with zero problems. If you're just digging out in the open I would recomend a 35 instead. The 35 has more power and digging depth and can still be hauled behind a pickup.

IUOE Man

Occupation
Operating Engineer
Ive been running a 27D for the past several months off and on and this past week all week.Great little machine,could use alittle more reach but it's a nice machine.The on I ran had 668hrs on it when I got off it.Had a 18" and a 24" bucket for it.Handled both of them well.