• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2006 f650 no speedo wont shift

walkerv

Changed output sensor as that was the active fault. It wasnt the problem quickly investigated wiring in the dark didnt see anything wrong or bad with it yet. Truck has a cummins and an alisson. stamp steel oil pan with tiny screw on filter didnt look at the tag, has a standard column shift like a pickup truck . Only thing i found quickly smoking over it was the batteries got changed and the terminals weren't cleaned they are nasty. Going to remedy that problem tommorrow as i think its a voltage problem due to it . If that doesnt fix it i am looking for some guidance in the rite direction as it seems this vintage and model seem to have this problem frequently with this transmission combo , all fuses appear to be in good shape also but will do a more thorough check in the daylight, truck has been sitting unused for 10 months .

walkerv

Ok battery connections all good now , the code i get out of my eaton md scanner is 128 84 02 vehicle speed sensor data erratic or non existant which makes no sense to me becuase 128 is engine identifier 130 is tranny, . Alisson model 2500 rds but it has a steering column shift so no easy way to diagnose that i know of. Did a bit of digging with my eaton scan tool as it was only showing 2 active modules, i looked at the roster listing it showwed engine and retarder only , the confusing part is this truck has no retarder. Did some more digging found a repaired wire going to the trans ecu or vims module under the cab not sure what to call the module after looking at my wiring digrams , has engine ecu. Gem module what ever that does a vims module which i guess alows the ford cummins allisson and abs to all talk to eachother and the tranny ecu . Anyways this wire bypasses the original harness and it has been repaired 2 times on top of that so that is my next spot to look besides seeing if that tranny ecu is getting power and grounds , seeing how it isnt showing in the roster list i think something is funky with it ,... im a mack caterpillar guy mostly do we have and medium dutu ford guys here ?

walkerv

Fixxed. No power to pin 3 at tranny ecu, cause was a shoddy bypass repair that had 4 hand twisted and blacktape repairs.
I had to redo the same previous repair but used one new piece of wire, solder and heatshrink , this should work for now but im going to attempt to get a transmission harness ordered for it, getting the correct parts for these trucks the first time seems to be a pain, for me anyways .