• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2005 Z60 Cranks no start

Donold

Greetings,
We have a Z60 dual fuel LGR-425 that will crank and not start. Last week it came back and was put in its spot. I needed to move it and it cranked fine but no start. I have a sweet buzz from my fuel pump and no spark with my tester. I pulled flash codes and got a 1-2-3 for as long as I hold down the switch. This leads me to believe I do not have a code. A mechanic here told me he tested the unit and found no spark using a plug wire and a screw stick to ground. I found a Ford relay layout on line but is nothing like what I have. The one I found has the DSG-423 & the MSG-423 and I have the LGR-423. I pulled the plug on the crank sensor and have nothing in terms of voltage on the harness side but I was thinking the signal comes from the sensor and a fault in CPS should offer up a code. I started to pull my hair out but I only have a few left so I started a new thread.

MarshallPowerGen

Occupation
Generator Technician & Equipment Mechanic
What's the serial on the machine? Genie has all of their service manuals for that machine online:
30105 for before 1090
52856 for 1090-4000
75861 for after 4000

Should have all the wiring diagrams and diagnostics. They probably have the engine specific manual available (listed in the service manual) online as well.