• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2004 Genie Z45/25 propane mixer causing engine power issues

chipdogg

Have a 2004 Genie Z45/25 dual fuel with the LRG-425 engine in it. Would not rev up properly (850 regular idle, 1200 turtle, 1250 rabbit). Previous tech already shotgunned electronic throttle body at it. After verifying the ECU was getting the signals for turtle and rabbit speed, I popped the propane mixer off the top of the throttle body to watch the throttle plate. Lo and behold it works great! Put ONLY the mixer back on with no vacuum lines or anything attached, it's choked back out. Took apart the mixer and the diaphragm looks good, everything moves, very basic propane mixer but it is choking the engine out bad. A new one is $1000 or so, anything I should look at before I order a new one? Or rebuild kit?

PN on top is 3u1e-9510-da (Ford) or 106485GT (Genie)

Found rebuild kit 58599GT and after running it some more, there are some vacuum leaks around the diaphragm that are likely causing it to not allow enough air through to the engine so I'm gonna slap a diaphragm in it.

Last edited: