• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2002 DT466 no start

marka683

Occupation
Mechanic
Will start with ether, once running will restart every time no problem even if I bleed off all fuel pressure. After sitting 15 minutes engine will not re-start without ether. Fuel pressure is 50 PSI while cranking and running. ICP is 915 PSI commanded and actual during crank no start condition according to my scanner. No codes

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I would still be looking at the cam sensor. IH is notorious for this. If you have an oscilloscope, even a cheap one, you could watch the square wave coming out while cranking.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Must of missed this thread somehow anywho, leaking injector O ring leak possibly, maybe pull valve cover off and crank it over to see which one shoots oil out like a gusher.

Vetech63

I had a 1999 466 engine that did similar things. Mine was oil pressure related, too low for the computer to go online. Just a thought.