• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2001 mack ch613 dump truck

Johnpenwell

Could anyone on here estimate labor times on doing an engine swing on this truck like time to pull the engine and time to install another salvage yard engine that is the same. Thanks in advance.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Pedigreed or mutt. Wet kit or road truck. Will you be addressing things like motor mount insulators and hood pivots. How bout rad and CAC, does it have functioning air.
If I was doing it, I'd bid 28-32 depending on conditions and a flat bottom trans, no PTOs. Extras cost extra, clutch service, rad clean out, testing CAC . Evac n charge A/C. But 28-32 to just do a dirty swap and use all the garbage taken off. Add a couple hours for the PTO if it's a shaft or spline. You can let it hang from mechanics wire. While its apart.

Johnpenwell

I really appreciate your reply. It's a mutt for sure. Been run hard its whole life but that's real close to where I was going to be on time.

Mbar

I’ve done quite a few of these. Fwf is about rite. The trans supports the engine so I always pull them together. You can spend all the time you want if the truck needs a bit of work done to it

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
If start to figure the small inconsequential's that always pop up, fuel/coolant/oils hoses, buried brake and air system lines, being able to fully clean the inside of the frame once power train is removed, the noted Charge Air Cooler(CAC), Radiator any and probably ALL mounts cushions, repairing the cracked, or absolutely broken or what is found failing after power train is out likely a week to week and a half with a JY replacement. Then have to figure what you find damaged by the Yard goons to fix on that yard engine, what yourself breaks and if the yard engine is actually a worthy install. Could end up a shop/lawn ornament for a few weeks.