• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

2001 F-550 Dump For Sale

John Banks

2001 F-550 Dump For Sale
While I don't have a firm sale price yet, I thought I would post this asap anyway...

2001 F-550 XL 4X4 w/ 9' Crysteel Dump Body elec/hyd, underbody boxes on both sides, 7.3 Diesel w/ less than 35,000 miles. New trans in Jan/Feb 2005 at about 22k miles. 4.88 ratio ltd slip, pto trans, snow plow package, white exterior w/black dump body, grey cloth bench seat, convenience package - tilt wheel, cruise, a/c. 9' Fisher plow w/ foil and a couple of poly edges.

I love the truck, just need to scale things back a bit. I know it doesn't really matter, but I paid $47,533 for the truck, body, boxes, plow - all new in June of 2001. No reasonable offer refused.

John Banks

Pics are on their way guys, thanks for your patience. I'll have them shortly. The truck also has a Western Diesel Turbo Brake.

Price is $28,000.00

Stroker

Would definatly like to see some pictures when you get them up.

Even with being worked hard, 22k is awful soon for a new tranny. Any particular reason why it went so soon?

John Banks

Stroker said:
Would definatly like to see some pictures when you get them up.

Even with being worked hard, 22k is awful soon for a new tranny. Any particular reason why it went so soon?

The truck has never been worked hard, but worked, trailering machines, plowing, hauling, the normal stuff you'd expect to do with a 550. We were plowing last season and it started puking fluid. Let it cool down and it was slipping. Of course the stealer said they could not repeat the problem, but I my way home it was doing it again. I took it to the trans shop, he told me it was toast. A couple thousand and a couple days later, new trans. I told him I didn't need it rebuilt to look good, just to be as close to bullet proof as possible. Works great now.

John Banks

I have pics available to anyone interested. Email or pm me with your email address and I will send them to you.