• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1998 Samsung 210 lc-3

BradleySherrell

Hello we have a 1998 Samsung 210 lc-3 excavator (basically a Volvo machine). It caught fire due to wiring harness issues. All that burnt was the harness nothing else was hurt. We have tried every dealer even places out of US looking for a new wiring harness. The engine will start and run but the hydraulics are dead it will not do any hydraulic function. It is used in a scrap yard and the machine is pretty rough shape but gets the job done just not worth spending thousands on. We were wondering if there was a electronic solenoid anywhere on the machine that can be energized to make the hydraulics function again. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Bradley
I have checked according to my information the only electrical control in the hydraulics is that of the control lock out see attached.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• No Hyd Sammy.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • ControlLockOut 1.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 14

BradleySherrell

Thanks Uffex for your help and quick reply, I have tried tracing down the hyd hoses per the schematics you gave me and still can’t find the lockout solenoid. Do you have any idea where it would be located on my machine? Again, this is the same machine as the first Volvo 210s. I would say the volvos would be in the same place but I can’t find anything on them either. Thanks again

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Bradley
As to the best of my memory that is where it should be although it moved from model update so I can never be sure, I attach some illustrations of the very early Volvo 210 (Samsung) if its not there look in the pump house, short of this information post some photo's of the machine I will try to figure the puzzle out.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• 210A controlLockOut.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 6

uffex

Occupation
Admin
I omitted to mention that the line I pointed out most probably goes to a filter before reaching the valve. Attached later machine.

Attachments

• EC210 ControlLockOut.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

BradleySherrell

Uffex, I want to thank you for all your help, was able to take the schematics and photos you gave me and get the machine back in business! You don’t know how much I appreciate your help.
Thanks again,
Bradley

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Bradley
Thanks for the update great you are back working.
Kind regards
uffex