• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1998 Cat 330BL doesn't shut off with key

ToxicTrav117

Our machine has a new problem where it doesn't shut off with the ignition and we couldn't figure out how to shut it off so we just cut the air supply. Any pointers on where to start? The machine starts up and runs fine it just won't shutdown.

Serial #6DR02467

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Fuel shutoff solenoid #4 not functioning.?
See the attachment for information on how it is supposed to work. Your 330B has a 155-4653 solenoid installed.
Try operating the manual release button and see if the engine stops.

1711032795428.png

Attachments

• SEPd0541.pdf
    146.2 KB · Views: 3

ToxicTrav117

I don't get power to the start terminal with the key on but I do get power at the stop terminal with the key off. Stop power turns off when key is in on position but there is no start power in the on position Ground is good it seems. I now don't understand how this would start now if the start terminal never has power. The plunger does not move turning the key on or off but it also doesn't move much when I manually pull it out and pulling it out or pushing it in doesn't do anything.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
I think it gets power from the starter motor terminal when cranking to pull into the latch run position.
The power with the key off should unlatch it and let the plunger snap in to push fuel rack to shutoff position.
Sounds like your solenoid is faulty.

ToxicTrav117

I think it gets power from the starter motor terminal when cranking to pull into the latch run position.
The power with the key off should unlatch it and let the plunger snap in to push fuel rack to shutoff position.
Sounds like your solenoid is faulty.
That would make more sense. Damn that sucks those things ain't cheap

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Look under the cab, drop that little panel under and take a gander at the wiring. Seen more than one with wires chewed up giving the results you have. Try sliding the seat forward and back. I’ve had that amplify or remove the issue which lead me to wiring underneath.