• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1996 John Deere 310D 4x4 Backhoe Won't Move

Temu

Engine starts, hydraulics all work, but no forward or reverse. Where to begin? Stopped by a friends house and that's what he told me (posting for him). He had been using it prior to this failure. He suspects electrical, is that a possibility, solenoid/reverser issue???

Thanks!

Finca SDR

Sounds like a solenoid issue to me. Either the clutch cutout or fnr solenoids will cause that.

Mechanical problems are a little more spectacular than simply "no response" in my experience

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Check the fuses first. Then check the clutch cutout switches next. That is the buttons on the shift lever and the loader lever.

Temu

I've not been able to help him yet, but he did send me this after all your inputs: "My brother who is a Cadillac service foreman and electrical guru helped me eliminate a few possibilities and I have power through the forward/neutral/ reverse switch and to the solenoid so far."

Finca SDR

I had a sticky clutch cutout solenoid that would get stuck open. I'd just be stuck there with no movement whatsoever. If I gave it a good smack on the topnut with a 19mm wrench it'd usually free up but I had to buy a new one eventually. Electric wasn't the issue, just a sticky plunger doohicky

Temu

200040819_515644239629026_4838636791018641932_n.jpgElectric coil for the reverser solenoid, but the rod they go on doesn't move.