• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1996 8042 sky track leveling issues

Ereed969

I hope I can describe this issue with out confusing people
My sky track 8042 forklift is have issues driving. The rear leveling ram blew a fuse and ever since then Forklift gets stuck all the time. i will get stuck just going over the curb and gutter . One tire in front will spin and one tire in back will spin. But they will be almost off the ground. Then when I try to level it out the tires get higher off the ground. It is very frustrating to move lumber around the job site. Sorry if this doesn't make since. TIA

lantraxco

You have I believe the "Stabil-TRAK" system, the rear axle is supposed to free float except in particular circumstances like lifting a load up high. Since you blew a fuse at some point I am guessing you have a short in the wiring, a bad relay, or a bad solenoid coil. There are two solenoids that need to be energized in free float mode. I found this manual, section ten is what you want and it's kind of complicated even to my eye, but should be relatively straightforward to troubleshoot:

https://csapps.jlg.com/OnlineManual... 43244/Service_8990396_02-07_ANSI_English.pdf

Start there and we'll see what you find.