• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1996 210-3 hyundai

gwhammy

My exc took a crap on me. It started with the throttle not working so I bypassed the electric throttle to finish a job. Got it home and finally decided to work on it. Started it and messed with the control buttons changing the digging setting. Throttle worked somewhat but switching to manual throttle didn't work. Then it got to where it wouldn't shut off for a few minutes and in the end I have no response from the key to do anything. When it wouldn't turn off I tapped on the disconnect by the batteries and it would kill it. Now I don't hear any click from that and nothing. I did take jumpers and bypass it to no avail. Does this do more than disconnect the battery from the machine? Either it or the pcu has taken a dump I'm guessing. Been a bad month for me, this is the fourth machine to go down.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
I interpret from your post that the engine (I believe a Cummins) is not shutting down on command. I suggest if I am correct to look closely at the engine injection control.
Kind regards
Uffex

gwhammy

Had a wire broke on the kill solenoid in the battery box and the computer got water in it. Cleaned it up and everything works except the manual push buttons for the throttle. Mechanic helping me was amazed it worked after being wet.

BreandonBarnett

Hey I've got a 96 Robex 200 and I have a similar problem where my throttle control buttons on the control panel are not working. The lights are on but it doesn't do anything. The worst part is it is intermittent. I can start and run the machine fine and then something shorts and the controls stop working. The only thing that works on the control panel is the button to silence the alarm.

The other weird part is that the lights on the control panel stay on after the machine is turned off and kill the battery.

Could a bad battery relay do this? I was going to switch to a manual throttle but then I loose my travel speed control.

gwhammy

Everything actually started working on it. I keep the door closed all the time now and the cover is secure over the computer.