• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 John Deere 490E Angle Sensor Question

Price

I unplugged the angle sensor, pressure sensor and dp sensor. Turned key on and no light on PVC.

Checked fuses again, they were good.

I had found an old PVC in cab when I had bought machine so I cleaned the connection and installed it. Turned key on and light came on. It showed the following codes: 4, 26, 28, 30, 32, 37, 38, and 39. 26, 28 and 39 are the sensors.

Turn key off, plugged the sensors back in. Turn key on and all the codes still showed.

I cranked the machine and the hydraulics were very slow.

I reinstalled the newer PVC and the light did not come on.

I cranked the machine and the hydraulics started slow but then became decent.

For the heck of it I back probed the black and white wire on angle sensor with engine at idle and had 1.2 volts. So I will check the angle sensor again later to make sure I had the correct wires and if the 1.2v is correct, set it to 4.4.

On we go...

timbo2002

These pumps are equipped with 24V and 5V angle sensors. The manufacturer is apt to put either on. Check them out

Price

These pumps are equipped with 24V and 5V angle sensors. The manufacturer is apt to put either on. Check them out
Thanks. I have changed the angle sensor earlier on and set it at 4.4 volts. I am assuming then this was the 5 volt sensor.

Price

I replaced the PVC and the machine ran better but not perfect. The PVC is showing code 22 which is the hydraulic pump control not performing correctly. Manual said it could be the angle sensor, pump displacement solenoid valve, PVC or wiring. Angle sensor and solenoid valves checked ok. PVC is new. All that is left is the wiring.

I did order a new engine controller because the error lights were indicating it was bad and it should be in this week.

Price

Installed engine controller. The EC shows code 27 which I can’t find in the manual. The PVC shows code 20 which is the PVC and the EC are not communicating. I am going to check the harness this afternoon.

The machine seems to run ok. I don’t have throttle control and the propel speed in turtle doesn’t always work correctly.

Price

Checked the EC to PVC harness and I had continuity. Cleaned connectors, reconnected and still had same result, code 20 on PVC and 27 on EC. Both of these computers are new. The key has not been turned on while plugging/unplugging any sensor so there should not be a reason they are bad unless bad from factory.

I have checked the fuses and they are good, most have been replaced.

Anybody have any idea of what to check next?

The throttle selection buttons do not work. The “P” is lighted but I can not select any other setting. Only other thing I am going to do is check the EC motor and sensor again and possibly get that working. If not, I am going to install a manual throttle and run the machine.

I would appreciate any idea as how to proceed from here.