• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 JCB 408 loader stopped moving

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Hey all,

Sure could use some help here and I will try to describe everythgin as it happen. I HAD a good working loader for sale and a customer come out to look at it today. Well after running it around the yard for a while digging into some banks his partner jumped in to try it and now it won't go forward or back.

IF I put the gear selector in almost the neutral position it goes in what feels like 1st or 2nd speed BUT when I try to change the speed into the normal detent the machine acts as if it's in neutral. :(

While coasting, from a slight grade in the yard, if I try to put it in a gear it acts like the brakes are coming on because it slows and stops the machine. :(

ANY thought would be great.

Darin