• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 Genie S-60 Platform Auxiliary, No Boom control.

JCB-214-2002

Hi,

I have a 1995 Genie S-60 Boom, serial number 785.
Purchased about a month ago and I have been repairing the various issues.

Currently I'm looking at the platform Aux power control.
Aux power works fine for all functions at the ground control box but not at the platform.
When I hold down the Aux toggle at the platform control panel, the hydraulic pump starts and runs.
No controls work though. Boom up\down, platform left or right, up or down. Nothing.
There is a corresponding change in the Hydraulic pump noise similar to the ground control when I try to move the boom, but still no movement.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks

JCB-214-2002

I did a bit more troubleshooting and did find that the basket pivot actually works on AUX as well as basket tilt.
Boom up, boom down, boom left or right don't work. Also extending the boom does not work.

It's like there's not enough hydraulic power. At first I was thinking it might be something with the joy stick, but with two different joy sticks showing the same symptoms, I'm not so sure.

All platform and ground control functions work fine when powering via gas. All aux functions work fine on ground control.

any help out there?