• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1995 F800 manuals, schematics, etc?

John V

Hello,
Does anyone have wiring schematics, fuse box diagrams, or user manual they can share with me for a 1995 F800 (8.3 cummins)? I purchased a CD service manuals for "Body/chassis" and "powertrain/drivetrain", but I haven't found any sources for wiring diagrams yet.

John V

Ended up buying a CD of the service manuals on ebay. Really awesome fully searchable PDF on it. If anyone finds this post and needs information in the future, feel free to message me.

John_8791

Occupation
Electrician and Farming
Not sure what your issue was but we had an F800 90 or 91 with hydraulic brakes and that was a nightmare system to work on there’s a large valve body for lack of a better term that was bad and the dealer diagnosed it for about $1200 but they have a specialized set of gauges that hooked up to a bunch of ports simultaneously in order to diagnose it. The brakes I’ve never worked right for more than about six months at a time on that truck. At this time I still have it and basically can’t sell it because the brakes won’t work so I guess I’ll be keeping it!

John V

Fortunately mine has air brakes. Weirdly enough both low air pressure switches on the brake pedal are leaking. Hoping it's just bad luck and not something worse that would make them both go bad.

John V

If anyone has access to a parts manual, I could use help finding a heater core that fits a truck WITH factory A/C. All the ones i'm finding are fitting for without A/C. Attached is an image of the heater core sticker, but of course the Ford p/n is wore out.

Attachments

• heater core pn.JPG
    heater core pn.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 9

heymccall

If anyone has access to a parts manual, I could use help finding a heater core that fits a truck WITH factory A/C. All the ones i'm finding are fitting for without A/C. Attached is an image of the heater core sticker, but of course the Ford p/n is wore out.
Go on Rockauto and look at 1985 F150 heater cores. Your picture doesn't help, as I can't see the port configuration. But, the dash is the same as an '85 pickup, so, I'd start there.

John V

Heater core width 7 1/4", height (the actual fin part) 7 1/2", thickness 2". 5/8" tubes. APDI/PRO 9010205 listed under '85 f150 looks like a match. My local advance auto has a heater core Carquest 398247 that looks the same, going to check it out and compare them side by side.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Attachments

• heater core ports.JPG
    heater core ports.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 7

John V

Anyone know where the coolant temp sender is on this truck? It’s a R/W wire to the dash. The manuals don’t point where it is. The Ford and Cummins dealers can’t say where it is. My coolant gauge doesn’t do anything, so I’d like to check if the sender is working but I don’t know where it is. (I’m suspecting it was removed but who knows)

John V

Yet another question: I changed out the fuel filter. The one on there did NOT have a small seal around the stud. The new one came with a seal. I put the seal on with the new one, and the filter is leaking. I have looked at parts diagrams and the diagrams show a slot in the stud for the seal to ride in. My stud does not have this slot. I'm guessing I should just install the filter without the seal. Anyone have experience with this?

heymccall

Anyone know where the coolant temp sender is on this truck? It’s a R/W wire to the dash. The manuals don’t point where it is. The Ford and Cummins dealers can’t say where it is. My coolant gauge doesn’t do anything, so I’d like to check if the sender is working but I don’t know where it is. (I’m suspecting it was removed but who knows)
When the belt would break on my old F800, it would slap the wire off the sender. Top center front, one wire, slide on terminal.
I'll have to look for pics.

John V

Found it. Bottom sensor on the block behind the oil filter.

Attachments

• 219D5D4B-8669-401F-9909-598920457DA4.jpeg
    219D5D4B-8669-401F-9909-598920457DA4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

John V

So there seems to be an air brake leak when I apply the brakes. I had a buddy step on the pedal while I was under the hood. Seems to be pouring out of the governor.IMG_2263.JPG My understanding of the governor is it has two air lines, one to the air dryer to purge it when it reaches cut-off pressure, and one to the supply tank to measure the air pressure there. I don't see why an air leak would happen in the governor while pressing the pedal.

There was another oddity, this little 1/4" air hose coming through the firewall to no where.IMG_2262.JPG I tried tracing it back under the dash, the only other 1/4" green line under there goes to the dual needle pressure gauge, which works. When applying the brakes a stream of low pressure air leaks out of this 1/4" hose (you can plug it by putting your finger on it). Any idea where this is intended to lead to? Wish it was easier to investigate all the hoses under the dash, but everything is bunched up there pretty tight.

Old Doug

The green line is a vent so when air needs to be released it dosent blow in the cab. You sure its the govener not some were close by it?

John V

So what exactly is it doing when you say venting? When pressing on my brake pedal, quite a bit of flow is coming out of the 1/4" vent tube.

The leak is definitely not coming from the governor. I messed around with it more tonight and the leak is coming from one of the air lines after it gets packaged up in a loom together. Looks like I'll have to separate them out and narrow it down.

doublewide

When you step on the brake pedal you pressurize the system. No air should be exiting the vent tube. When you release the pedal the air pressure ‘vents’ from the system. Pull the dash gauge assembly and find out where the vent tube goes. Likely your problem is downstream from there.

John V

Might anyone have a picture of the configuration of the AC components on an F800 in this era? Mine is missing some components, namely the accumulator and some manifold hoses, and google searches are turning up differently shaped accumulators than what the service manual has. Rockauto's suggestion of accumulator doesn't look like the service manuals. The service manual's accumulator looks like an 83-93 f150. Wondering if the suction hose from the f150 would work too...

Attachments

• accumulator.jpg
    accumulator.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 2