• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1994 753 Slow/Jumpy right stick.

gta18

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the issue on my unknown hours 753, It drives straight both fwd and backwards but when I try to feather in my right stick it barely barely moves both CW or CCW or it just jumps into turning. Compared to using the Left stick, the left pair of tires just goes smoothly fwd and reverse(cw and ccw), while just dragging the right set of tires when feathering.

Could this just be something loose in the stick adjustment?

Thanks

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Check your linkage adjustments to see if all okay. Jack machine off the ground to see if it does same thing with tires in the air. Could be a chain case issue also. See what it does with tires in the air and no load on them.
Simon C

gta18

Check your linkage adjustments to see if all okay. Jack machine off the ground to see if it does same thing with tires in the air. Could be a chain case issue also. See what it does with tires in the air and no load on them.
Simon C

Will do. What can go wrong in the chaincase?

gta18

I Adjusted the plate on top of the hydro pump to get rid of the right wheel creep.
I made sure the all 4 round bushings touched the bar at the bottom of the plate (is this correct way of adjusting it?)

Test drove it and the jumpiness of the right side wheels still jumps compared to being able to smoothly feather it back and forth when off the ground, am leaning towards a weak pump or right motor?

What do you guys think?

Btw I was going to replace the cartridge filters and found out that there's nothing installed on both motor and by the hydro tank. Does any one know the thread pattern for these? I will need a male to male coupler to be able to install filters.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Could have a right side motor or pump issue, but could be something else. Maybe one of the resident Bobcat experts will give you a few pointers on things to check. Dont throw any money at it until you have done all the checks.
Simon C

gta18

Did you confirm the pintle arm is clamped tight to the pump control shaft on the right pump? That will make a Bobcat jumpy

Yes the square shaft on the pump was tight with the pintle arms. I was able to run/tether the right side with right control so smoothly while the wheels were on the air.

gta18

I took my right motor apart and found that the internal seals are gone.

Attachments

• 20211114_122830.jpg
    20211114_122830.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20211114_122827.jpg
    20211114_122827.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20211114_125352.jpg
    20211114_125352.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13

gta18

Glad you found at least some or all the problem. Let us know if it cures it. Thanks Simon

Hopefully that's it for this issue. Going to call loaderpartsstore tomorrow to make sure I get the right kit for it. Dealing with spool seal as well.

gta18

Update.... so seal kit from loaderpartssource.com came and it's missing one of the oring that goes in the middle (brown one that is powdered in the pic I posted).... 10pcs came in the kit they sent and pic on the website shows 11.... how lucky can I be.... geez

Attachments

• 20211119_205216.jpg
    20211119_205216.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 8

gta18

Finally got my motor back in. Man what a difference! I can feather at will with the slightest movement of the right stick! Now it feels that the left motor is a tad weaker.

But now I know how to rebuild it, the left motor won't be a big deal. The biggest issue is taking care of the hydraulic oil not leaking all the way out. Is there a technic or something to do to not need to drain the hydro tank all the way when working on this?

Attachments

• 20211124_073526.jpg
    20211124_073526.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8

CaboverPacman

I know different machine different issues ect. I'm having the same exact issue with a case. Control stick slightest movement causes it to jerk one way or the other. Narrowed my problem to the pump or the drive motor and your post has me thinking to check my drive motor. I appreciate the info

gta18

My right side actually didn't move till about 40% of right stick movement (fwd/rev), once I reach the 40% range of control stick movement it Jerked.

Now the right wheels is like directly connected to the right stick. Follows the slightest movement of it.

I know different machine different issues ect. I'm having the same exact issue with a case. Control stick slightest movement causes it to jerk one way or the other. Narrowed my problem to the pump or the drive motor and your post has me thinking to check my drive motor. I appreciate the info