• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1993 Kobelco SK120 hydraulic speed issues

hatorade

I recently purchased a 1993 Kobelco SK120 #LP 07713 everything operates, tracks straight however every operation is slow not terribly slow but slow. When you are tracking forward or reverse and use ANY function of the digger the entire machine speeds up tracks, everything. The same is true of the digger if you are digging and apply gentle pressure to the travel, track then everything speeds up this is not a little bit i would say it almost doubles in speed. If anyone has anything i can look for it would help.
I have checked the pressure of both pumps at A1 & A2 deadheaded the boom hit 4500 psi tried to deadhead the tracks got up to 3000psi before i stopped, checked the pressure at P3 of the pilot pump and im getting 500psi. I have checked the voltage to the 2 solenoids on top of the pump back one has 24volts closer one only getting 18.3volts but still operates. I removed both valves and operated them they both seem to work adjusted them a little with no difference.

If it was a pump issue why would the machine speed up, as i said any help would be appreciated