• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1990 Interstate 30DTD tilt trailer?

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Interested in this trailer. It has two 15K axles. Interesting that it has Electric brakes. My Kenworth T800 is not set up for trailer air brakes (no red button). Never seen a trailer this big with electric brakes. I have an electric brake controller Already in the truck. It's 10 lug 215/75R17.5 1JKTD5305LA601995
So what are my concerns? It's being sold by a company that got in at auction. Will need some work of course.
Want to be able to haul mostly up to a full size 9 ton mini excavator.

img.jpg

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Make sure it comes with a clear title. Is that a wooden floor? If so, what condition is it in? Most Interstate trailers I see with wooden floors, need a floor replacement, which is not cheap. Also, check tire size so you do not end up with some oddball size.
Jeff

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Not familiar with tilt trailers so can't comment on that aspect.

How much rust does it have on the frame, suspension, pivot points, etc? It looks superficial in the pics but pics are no substitute for a live in person inspection.

What year model is it? In the past it wasn't too uncommon to see a 20-30K LB tag trailer with electric brakes however air brakes are far superior in that weight class.

Weight wise it's more than capable of hauling a 18K mini and then more.

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
It will likely need some work. I did talk with Interstate and they gave me some info on it.
img (1).jpg

Jonas302

For the right price would be a pretty nice tailer if it was close to me I would expect to pay 3-5 thousand for it prices do vary so much over the country though

PeterG

Occupation
Contractor
Well that likely what they paid for it at auction. Asking price is $9500.00 which out here is Seattle is in the standard price range. Not too bad if tires are not too old, lights are now LED, and axles, brakes etc are in good.
Would need to sell my Eager Beaver first. It's a bit too small. Two 8000lb axles, and four tires with electric brakes.Excavating Equipment.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Peter that's nice looking Eager Beaver trailer. The tool boxes are a nice touch.