• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1988 Cat 416 hydraulic issues

mikeg6413

Good evening all !! Currently I'm looking at purchasing an 88 cat 416 4x4 extendahoe with 4k hrs. The machine Currently has 2 issues, 1st the loader control won't budge to the left position for loader curl up, you try and force it and the bucket creeps real slow. Other functions up down and curl out work fine. I'm getting some resistance when lever is moved into that position. 2nd issue dipper won't move, I'm getting nothing when trying to extend the dipper. Everything else works other then some packing seals leaking. I'm not familiar at all with cat backhoes, only case so any advice on other things I should be looking for before I make the move on this machine would be great. Overall the machine seems to be in very good condition, minimal rot starting on the doors and fender wells. Also to add the machine sits alot, and has sat for years with minimal use, so I'm sure I'm going to be replacing seals on it. Owners asking 10k as the machine sits.
Thank you !!!