• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1987 Case 580k fuel vent

Grady

I've been using 5 gal cans to refuel my machines lately because I was concerned about the quality of the fuel in the transfer tank and haven't cleaned it out yet. I still try to keep the machines as full as possible to limit the amount of condensation that can form which is substantial here in New England with the wide temperature fluctuations and I add plenty of additives to keep it fresh and water/ice free. Condensation in a fuel tank means rust as well as water and rust clogs filters and so will the ice crystals. I've drained some out of the bottom of the tanks to check it during a recent warm spell and have been surprised how little water I found and how clean the fuel is. Seems to be working so probably worth the extra effort and $.