• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1986 King Lowboy 53ton Detachable neck

canadan

Hope some one can Help. where can i find Manufactures specs on this trailer? serial number is 2K9H4830XGW002915 Being called on the 4 inch pivot pin, for raising and lowering deck.
As for the Pin,…in the middle 1980’s, was it common to have a 4 inch Pin with a 4 ¼ inch whole? Has a retainer bolt at each end, to keep pin in.
IMG_1148.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:

BigJohn99

Have you found any information about that trailer? I was also trying to find some specs on a king trailer as well.

tctractors

Here in the U.K. we have King Trailers, this was a Company started by a Canadian Vern King, lots of the early trailers were fitted with North American axles etc, King Trailers are very common to see running around and can be made to any spec, the Army use their trailers to hump around the Battle Tanks, I am at this moment fitting a 200ton/Metre crane to a special build King unit, they are from Market Harborough try E-Mail to sales at kingtrailers.co.uk they do keep a large amout of specification info, I hope this is some help, no doubt your Trailers are North American built items, the Canadian axles were still found on the U.K. trailers into the early 70's, the first trailers built here were in the early 60's 1962/3 ish, some time in the late 70's I took a Lowloader trailer back to Kings to have the Neck up-rated, all the workman did was cut off the 2 big lock pins and weld in bigger pins,I dont think they located into a hole?? I think they just sort of slid across a flat plate???

tctractors

busy dad

Occupation
Transportation
You might want to try contacting Scheltema Trailers in Woodstock On ..As far as i know they bought out King Trailers , they are in the old king buildings ..ph 519-539-8567 .fax 519-539-8038..or Scheltematrailer.com... hope this helps.