• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1986 Dresser 125E Track Loader

Red Wannabe

New poster here. I guess it is time to start posting and stop lurking around. My user name is Red Wannabe on the IH construction board, so I used it here also. I had a different name here for years, but never posted. The two posts on the 175 loaders is what inspired me to post. What great reading! Anyway, I have a 1986 Dresser/IH 125E loader with a 4in1 bucket. I have some good pictures to share, but I guess I can't post a picture as a new user.

Red Wannabe

boone

Hi Red, I thought I recognized your name. I've seen you on the IH board. Looking forward to your pictures! I think they got rid of the 3 post limit before starting a thread, but maybe the picture thing is still 3 :beatsme Welcome aboard!

Georgia Iron

Occupation
Concrete building slab and grading contractor
Zack,

That is a cool post you did on all the work to your TD7. I have a 953 and have been shearing bolts off it also. What a PITA. The log splitter looked pretty cool to. Do you still like the TD7 or want something larger?

Hey there Red Wannabe! I use this forum too, a lot of good information here too. (ETA: This is Zack)

Boone, I have repainted my TD7 this summer.
Here is a link to the pics on Redpower:

http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73938

struckzb

Zack,

That is a cool post you did on all the work to your TD7. I have a 953 and have been shearing bolts off it also. What a PITA. The log splitter looked pretty cool to. Do you still like the TD7 or want something larger?

Thanks! I saw your post a while back about replacing the drag plates on your bucket and it looked like you did some solid work there.
I know, shearing off bolts is a nightmare! I finally gave up for about two weeks, to let my knuckles heal and because I just had to walk away for a while. I like the TD7 a lot, admittedly if I could do it again, I would go for a track loader and probably a bit larger of a machine (9-12 ton). The machine has plenty of power for it's size and it's almost a little too easy to just have the tracks start to slip. I was toying with the idea of getting new pads which would help with traction, but the grousers currently have decent life left. At the moment I am fixing up our pond that had grown out of control with trees and brush. I am also deepening it, and raising the banks and terracing them making it easier to mow and upkeep the area.

Red Wannabe- As soon as you can, post some pics of your 125. And all the cool implements you have for it!

Red Wannabe

Hey, thanks for the welcome. Boone and Goldtrigger, your 175 pictures and adventures inspired me to post about my 125E. If you go to youtube.com and search for:dresser 125e root rake, that is my machine. I will post pictures when I have permission.

Red Wannabe

boone

Red, I got a chance to check out your video yesterday. Love seeing the 125 in action with the rake. Sounds good too. Good thing about doing that when the foilage is dead is you can see somewhat what you're tracking into. Were you raking a spot you had cleared earlier?

Red Wannabe

Boone,
Yes it was an area that I had cleared with my Oliver OC-6 crawler and a brush mower.

P4010035 (Custom).JPG

Trying to reclaim some low pasture land. I can't remember the last time lt had been cleared. A lot of the brush was 10' high. Some clumps of brush were so thick, I had to run a track through the middle, and take half at a time. As I was clearing it, the crawler tracks were wet all the time. It is dry up there now, hope to get up and use the 125 some more. It is 2 hours away though.

PB280026 (Custom).JPG

Red Wannabe

Red Wannabe

Since I can't afford multiple machines for my hobby, I wanted to make my 125E an all-around machine. Here is what the back of a 4in1 bucket looks like.

4-in-1 Bucket Rear.jpg

I wanted to be able to add attachments without the trouble of unpinning every time. In a salvage yard nearby, I located a new quick attach(QT) from a mid sized Komatsu loader.

P7290002.JPG

P7290005.JPG
I needed to get rid of the mount points on the QT and move the mount points from the 4in1 onto the QT. I did enlist some professional help doing all this, however I do Computer-Aided-Drafting(CAD) for a living, so I had it all drawn up before the first cut was made.

PB180105.JPG

PB180106.JPG

The QT is a hydraulic pin lock. I put quick connects(QC) on the 4in1 hoses so that I can use that lever to lock my attachment, then uncouple and hook up the 4in 1 hoses. More pix to follow.

Red Wannabe

BowFisher

Awesome swap with the QT. We just acquired a 1986 Liebherr 621 that has a new undercarriage. Finally ran it two nights ago and my 7 year old daughter really thought it was great pushing old spoil into the hole and upsetting trees.

Red Wannabe

A few more pix of the conversion.

PB180103.JPG

PB180113.JPG

PB290034.JPG

PB290035.JPG

To attach the the 4in 1, I have the hyd hoses coupled to the lock pins, pick up the bucket, lock the pins, then couple the hoses to the bucket.

Red Wannabe

Tracklayer

Red,

That looks like some first class design and fabrication for your quick tach system. I do cad work too, so I know how much it pays to do some design and drafting before you start cutting and welding. Your work shows it too. I once had an IH 150 Drott 4 in 1 loader that I had really good luck with. Earlier, I also had an IH TD-15 Drott 4 in 1 loader for a short time. That loader was fully depreciated, but I got some work done with it. Crawling around under it, I could see dozens of cracks that had been welded up. Most of them had cracked again.

Red Wannabe

Thanks to all for the kind words. It has been a fun project. Here is a 6-way blade that I am going to add quick attach mounts to also. Do to lack of funds at this time, it is on hold. It will also be the most work of all of them. I need an electric valve in the hydraulics to get tilt and angle, because I only have one set of lines going to the front of the loader for the 4in1 bucket. If I could locate a cheap used spool valve from another TD-8/125E, I would just add another lever or two to the stack on the valve in my machine. I also changed the seat to a TD-15/20 seat. It sits up a few inches higher, and makes a big difference to see around the loader frame.

PB180115.JPG

P3180011.JPG

P3180012.JPG

Red Wannabe

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Good job on the quick attach.

The company I worked for back in the late 70's used 100's for pool digs and 125's for residential jobs. What we could have done (better) with a quick attach on those machines!

spitzair

Squamish BC (Home), Slave Lake, AB (Work)
Thanks to all for the kind words. It has been a fun project. Here is a 6-way blade that I am going to add quick attach mounts to also. Do to lack of funds at this time, it is on hold. It will also be the most work of all of them. I need an electric valve in the hydraulics to get tilt and angle, because I only have one set of lines going to the front of the loader for the 4in1 bucket. If I could locate a cheap used spool valve from another TD-8/125E, I would just add another lever or two to the stack on the valve in my machine. I also changed the seat to a TD-15/20 seat. It sits up a few inches higher, and makes a big difference to see around the loader frame.

Red Wannabe

I have a 3 spool valve off of a TD9 with a loader, not sure if that would be an earlier 125? Shoot me a PM if it could work for you and we'll go from there...