• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1985 Liebherr 612B Engine Removal

Jeffrey Bandel

I have a 1985 Liebherr 612B Track Loader. The engine threw a rod threw the block. I need to remove the engine. Can anyone provide some pointers? I've pulled lots of car engines but nothing like this.

Welder Dave

Try to find a service manual or talk to a dealer. A JD dealer may be of some help. JD sourced loaders from Liebherr for a few years.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I have never heard of a Liebherr 612B crawler loader. Are you sure it's not an LR621B?

You can acquire the service manual for the LR621 from the site below. Wait for a few minutes and you get a popup offering a bigger discount on the purchase price.

You will need a pretty high lift setup that can lift over 2000lbs to probably 5 or 6 feet high. Do you have or can you build a mobile gantry crane?

Jeffrey Bandel

I have never heard of a Liebherr 612B crawler loader. Are you sure it's not an LR621B?

You can acquire the service manual for the LR621 from the site below. Wait for a few minutes and you get a popup offering a bigger discount on the purchase price.

You will need a pretty high lift setup that can lift over 2000lbs to probably 5 or 6 feet high. Do you have or can you build a mobile gantry crane?

I have that manual. It doesn't give any specifics on engine removal.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Well, if there's no specifics in the manual as regards engine removal, it will likely be because the engine removal is simple and straightforward, to anyone with a lick of mechanical knowledge.

Do you have any Liebherr dealers in your State that you could call and ask about the removal procedure?