• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1985 John Deere 410B Questions

BillS

Does anybody know a good source to get the manuals for the JD 410B? I think there is an Operators, Parts, Repair, and Technical, any others that I should be looking for? The local dealer has been slow to respond with pricing and availability and it looks like there are a few different variations available on the net.

Also, are there any good salvage/parts websites out there? I am looking for the complete seat assembly. I picked up the tractor last Fall with a computer chair strapped in to the seat mount on the floor and I am starting to get sick of it. Also looking for a few other cab parts.

Finally, I noticed a little bit of oil in the coolant. While I am waiting for manuals, does anyone have any advice on how to go about troubleshooting this? I did not see any coolant in the oil when I did an oil change and the tractor starts right up and runs fine all day. I am hoping that its just the oil cooler since this is probably the cheapest/easiest fix so I would like to start there. What are the techniques to confirm/rule out the oil cooler leaking? Is it safe to bypass the oil cooler, how long could I run it, and how long do you think it would take for the oil to clean out of the coolant if this was the issue?

hammertime

I cannot help with mechanical. I have been looking at backhoe seats. considering my machines seat from Case is over $3100. This one is a steal.

Attachments

• 35A83DFF-8491-4EF3-B451-C505D1B80C2C.png
    35A83DFF-8491-4EF3-B451-C505D1B80C2C.png
    490.1 KB · Views: 16

BGSnow

Does anybody know a good source to get the manuals for the JD 410B? I think there is an Operators, Parts, Repair, and Technical, any others that I should be looking for? The local dealer has been slow to respond with pricing and availability and it looks like there are a few different variations available on the net.

Also, are there any good salvage/parts websites out there? I am looking for the complete seat assembly. I picked up the tractor last Fall with a computer chair strapped in to the seat mount on the floor and I am starting to get sick of it. Also looking for a few other cab parts.

Finally, I noticed a little bit of oil in the coolant. While I am waiting for manuals, does anyone have any advice on how to go about troubleshooting this? I did not see any coolant in the oil when I did an oil change and the tractor starts right up and runs fine all day. I am hoping that its just the oil cooler since this is probably the cheapest/easiest fix so I would like to start there. What are the techniques to confirm/rule out the oil cooler leaking? Is it safe to bypass the oil cooler, how long could I run it, and how long do you think it would take for the oil to clean out of the coolant if this was the issue?
BillS

I bought a JD510B a couple of months ago, and I have been looking for probably may of the things you are looking for. I just bought a brand new JD OM manual, new from;
http://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/
I think it was about $65 delivered to my house. Based on the prices I have seen on Ebay and other laoctions, it seemed like a good deal.

Anyway, we should stay in touch, since the 410B and the 510B share a lot of the same "stuff"

BillS

BillS
Anyway, we should stay in touch, since the 410B and the 510B share a lot of the same "stuff"

I ended up buying the OM from the dealer, $69. It didnt even occur to me that mud season is the busiest time of the year for them with everyone getting machines ready while its too wet to use them. I also scored a used tech manual (TM1285) for $100. It covers the 410B and 510B. It looks like the Part Manuals are online at the website.

Kind of striking out on the seat. KM has one for the 310 that I may be able to work with, but doesn't seem like there is any bolt in replacements out there.

cpedwards

I have 410b I bought a manual online you download onto computer. I think I paid 28.00 about 1500 pages alot of info kinda hard to scroll thru it all I could print if needed