• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1983 JCB3CX Slew speed problems

sotted

Good afternoon all,
I own a 1983 JCB3CX, when you slew in the left direction the machine operates correctly, when you slew right the arm moves extremly slow and will not move with any load. If you extend or retracted the boom or bucket to a point where it is bypassing at the valve (and hold it bypassing) then the slew will function correctly. I have swapped the bypass spools ( i think they call them ARVs?) between the left and right direction, but nothing has changed. i have increased the distance that the control lever pushes into the valve block, no difference? has anyone ever had this problem or can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you

greg9504

Here is what my manual (different machine) says to check when one function fails or is slow to operate, hope it helps (see attached screen shot):

jcbHydraulicfailure.jpg

jcbHydraulicfailure2.jpg

jcbHydraulicfailure3.jpg

Last edited: