• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1980 941b injector sleeve blew out

fest777

Occupation
opp/mecanix
yes there is the term called electrolysis, 2 dissimilar metals will cause that, i.e. aluminum and steel "ferrous and nonferrous" also there is a term called "cavitation" erosion witch will causes small bubbles to form on the outside of liners then implode and eat away at the liner. there is a treatment called nalcool , napacool and wixcool #24058 and one from caterpillar also that would be highly recommended too stop any further damage from pitting just "do not over do it with this stuff" follow directions ,the use of straight tap water is about the worst that one can use but if in a pinch use distilled or filtered water ,the reason i did not mention electrolysis is my spelling in terrible so i just mentioned corrosion , fest

Last edited:

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
The OP would be better off just switching to pre-mix Cat ELC, vs the HEF trying to explain nitrates and molybdate based additive technology. Which, we hash out in excruciating detail, bi-annually.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The OP would be better off just switching to pre-mix Cat ELC, vs the HEF trying to explain nitrates and molybdate based additive technology. Which, we hash out in excruciating detail, bi-annually.
I agree. I was trying to establish if he was using anything at all and idly wondering (if that was the case) if in the long-term it could have had anything to do with the problem........

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
If the cooling system had been maintained, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. This unfortunate circumstance provided us the opportunity to hang out, meet Mr. Pipelayr and learn about his broken 941B. It’s a win-win. The local Cat dealer made a few bucks, we had a few laughs, shed a few tears.