• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1979 poclain

Midwayretriever

I've got a 79 poclain 160. Used on the farm other than being old and beat up has run very well for years. Went to use it the other day, cranks and runs fine. Boom bucket and stick work. Won't track, and won't rotate. Happened once before, banged bucket hard on ground a few times and started working. Mechanic came out, bypassed something. Now everything works, but moves at super slow speed. Mechanic very sick and may not work again. Any ideas/advice? Live long way from town and nobody else can work on them

sheepfoot

Was the machine running correct when he left with good speed, sounds like the heavy lift has been engaged and has cut the flows back on the other five pump sections. Was the mechanic a case or poclain man and was he able to run some pressure tests before doing this bypassing. Did you try to disengage the heavy lift switch/lever to see if it made a difference.

Midwayretriever

Sorry maybe was unclear. Machine was running fine the last time we used it. Parked for about 2 weeks. Fired it up, and wasn't working right. Tried heavy lift lever, nothing changed. When you try to move or rotate, you can feel machine bog down and hear the hydraulic pump working, but act like the flow is blocked. Mechanic thought solenoid which I think is what I think he tried bypassing. He hasn't run pressure test but was planning on it. He's not a case guy. Used to work for cat, now works for himself. To be clear, after bypassing whatever it was, everything functions, but at snails pace. Again thanks for any help. If somebody has any idea and would rather call me this is my number 903 714 5625. Thanks. Tim