• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1979 international 1824 dump truck

lolo2017

In need of a new clutch and pressure plate for the dump truck; however, can't find anyone who sells one. I didn't want to take the one in it out yet as it still works. Anyone know who makes and sells a replacement. Gas engine mv446. 5 speed trans. 2 speed rear axle

Delmer

I don't know about internationals specifically, but it was common for medium duty trucks to have a build sticker with all the optional part numbers listed. You'd look there to see the axle type or brake parts. This is not the kind of thing you'll find easily listed online, maybe you'll find the numbers looking around on International sites, or maybe you'll have to call or email some places that deal in old parts. Not saying the new parts places can't find it, but you won't find it listed on their site, and the kid at the counter probably can't help you, you'll need to find "the guy".

Or you can risk it and take it out then match up what you find. I'd be 99% sure you could get one reasonably without haveing to have the old one relined.

lolo2017

Thank you gentlemen for the advice. It seems finding a new or rebuilt pressure plate might be a bit more of a chore.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
OLD MV's and VS engines I saw had Rockford multi spring push clutches in them. Had a supplier in Plaza Fleet Parts but heard they had long since gone out.. Last one was single plate four finger pressure plate, similar to yours?