• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1979 444 Case Tractor 5/8” 37°double flair fitting

Sportsman762

Ridgid 377 or Imperial 400F are good flaring tools. The Ridgid has a clutch so your less likely to overwork the pipe. Use a Parker BX nut with a TX sleeve or an Eaton 1290 nut with a 900605 sleeve. According to Parker the 212FB is for "soft metal tube ends" "For use with copper and aluminum alloy tube in sizes 1/8” through 3/4” O.D." Not that it would not work. Just not recommended by Parker.

Reactions: DB2

Sportsman762

I made an error in my prior post. The equipment and tools I listed are for a 37 degree single flare for use with JIC fittings. If a double or bubble flare is needed it will use different tools. However I am not aware of any older tractors utilizing those flares. Normally they are a JIC.