• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1977 Deere 450c - Turning Left , Right Track Pops

Airman89

If I steering left stick hard going in reverse, I get a hard pop on the right side sounding like it’s at the sprocket. I’ve tightened the tracks to spec as tight as possible (7/8” sag), it was about 2-1/2” sag, and it still pops. Tracks are not packed with junk either. When going forward it never happens or when steering the other way. Only reverse pulling hard on left stick (using brake).

Steering clutches don’t always release on the side either. Somehow it’s intermittent. Had a brake too tight and I readjusted a while back but it’s like the steering valve still isn’t disengaging good but stick has plenty of travel. I don’t know if this would be related to the popping on the other track.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Check that the bolt going threw the tension spring isn't busted.