• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1975 D8K With Pusher Blade and rear bumper

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
i picture the small narrow blade that is inside the track gauge when I think of a push blade.
Push arms mounted inside the track frames instead of outside, it's a cushion blade.

Have someone take a look on the back RH side of the blade in the top corner. It should have a Serial Number plate or be stamped with a S/N starting with 71F or 77G.

Last edited:

Bluox

Not sure. I found this online, asking questions before I go look at it.
That is a nice looking K tractor. All it needs is a set of trunnion balls installed and a complete blade with push arms and plumb up the tilt ,you be in business.
You should be able to find a straight or semi u blade in a tractor used parts yard.
Bob

Tinkerer

Can the blade be permanently secured at correct tilt?
There is no correct tilt on that one.
It was designed for a single purpose.
The big ass block on the back is useless for anything but to get pushed. The added weight is detrimental to the use of the tractor other than getting pushed. If you were to remove it then you will probably be looking for a draw-bar.
I spent a lot of hours around 9's & 10's set up like that.
That cheap tractor can get expensive in hurry. Even if the tractor it self is in decent shape.
Those push tractors usually have a lot of wear on them from using 3rd gear reverse.

45operator

There is no correct tilt on that one.
It was designed for a single purpose.
The big ass block on the back is useless for anything but to get pushed. The added weight is detrimental to the use of the tractor other than getting pushed. If you were to remove it then you will probably be looking for a draw-bar.
I spent a lot of hours around 9's & 10's set up like that.
That cheap tractor can get expensive in hurry. Even if the tractor it self is in decent shape.
Those push tractors usually have a lot of wear on them from using 3rd gear reverse.
How bad are these dozers like this abused?

nicky 68a

Nice looking tractor that.
However,it’s totally useless to you.
Common site here in the UK years ago with D9 tractors.
I imagine,there will be breakers yards full of 8S blades to buy for cheap enough money,rather than scrapping them.
We would change from 9C to 9S blade configuration in under an hour no problem.
You’ll need to buy a couple of trunnions for the frames and possibly a blank push arm if you’ve no tilt to operate.
No big drama really
As for the rear button ,I suppose you could just leave it on.