• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1972 580ck brakes

slimfin

I found a post by Phill from 5-2010 about a parking brake. It shows a lever that sets the brake on the floorboard. Do all the machines (1972 580 case) have this lever? My left rear tire is locked up and I was hoping this was the reason.

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
I would bet the discs in the left side is stuck to the brake housing. Mine freezes up every winter lately, did not used to do that. When you take the brake housing off, take all the bolts out except the one that just about lines up with the center of the rear axle. then you should be able to get the brake housing out and off and figure out what is stuck.. Not too bad of a job, takes me a couple of hours, but I am not too fast.

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
Thats not that bad of a job the two bolts that have a nut on the end. You have to remove the bolt from the tractor then you can wiggle the piece out of there. the rod that goes into the housing just needs the two nuts taken off the end so that comes out all in one piece. What I tried to explain is most likely as clear as mud, but good luck.

1968 Case 580CK

Slimfin......Hey friend.....I just posted alot of pictures and description of what I did to remove the rear brakes on my 68 580CK....I think the pics and words would be a big help to you. Just look under my posts or search for a title something like "580CK wheel stuck" or "locked brakes".

1968 Case 580CK