• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1971 580CK

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
I'm not sure, I do know the backhoes are different the 530 has a 31 backhoe and the 580 has a 33 backhoe. What parts are you interested in exchanging?

mopar

I'm not sure, I do know the backhoes are different the 530 has a 31 backhoe and the 580 has a 33 backhoe. What parts are you interested in exchanging?
sorry I should have been a little clearer. I am not concerned about the backhoe
sorry I should of been a little clearer. I am not actually concerned about the hoe part. I have a 580 I want to get running and have a chance to pick up a 530 quite cheap just for parts. so that is why I was asking if most of the power train parts would interchange?

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
If both engines are diesel they should be basically the same. Power steering should be the same also. I believe the hyd. pump is different because it runs off the PTO shaft on the 530. You can do a parts search for any common parts at www.partstore.casece.com just look up the 530 or 580 and 31 or 33 backhoe.

mopar

If both engines are diesel they should be basically the same. Power steering should be the same also. I believe the hyd. pump is different because it runs off the PTO shaft on the 530. You can do a parts search for any common parts at www.partstore.casece.com just look up the 530 or 580 and 31 or 33 backhoe.
ok thanks so much its nice to know at least some parts if not worn may be useful, always good to have a parts source to rob from.