• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1970 580ck loader cylinder seals

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Neighbor down the road just scored a 1970 case 580ck loader tractor (no hoe) #8663314 and needs pretty much all the loader cylinders redone, I scraped the paint off of the end of the gland nuts and can't find any numbers. Are there numbers on the older nuts or are all of the cylinders the same? I used the search function, but got no results,maybe not using correctly?? Thanks for any info...

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Usually there aren't any numbers on the older cylinders. And I don't think there were any part numbers on the cylinder at all. Most of them have the split outer wiper, of course some may have the solid outer wiper you'll just have to check the parts website for the 33 backhoe and see what you find.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Thanks for the feedback Coy, he just got the machine last weekend from an estate sale for $2400 and it's pretty clean (the filthy animal) even the cab heater works..he's got seal kits coming, as well as the repair manual so further repairs will require less guesswork....Thanks again