• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1968 case 680e won't go into fwd

david langlais

Started over so far only did the first two tests waiting for my friend to show up to lend a hand where it says clutch cut out i imagine it wanted me to test both fwd and rev with the clutch cut out in neutral

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Pretty much looks like a shuttle rebuild and a new pump along with a torque converter

david langlais

Thats what it seems to me too if I rebuild the clutch ill have it down I can clean the spools witch if there gummed wouldnt hurt. any idea as where to buy the pump and tourqe convertor I have clutch plates already and I think I found the seals already can I just buy a new pump dose it have to be model specific

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
If you can get mfg, s/n and model that will give you other places to search other than Case. Get the Case part numbers if you have parts book or through dealer. Then do internet search and see what you can find.

david langlais

Wanted to post a few pics of the parts on here any of you guys have any advice about removing the pressure plates after I removed snap ring retainer and snap ring I thought the springs inside would push out the plate but even after careful hammering I can't seem to get them to push out