• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1966 John Deere model 2015 tractor

reganj

A buddy of mine has one he is thinking about selling, he believes it is a fairly rare tractor, 2 or 3 year production.
Does anyone have any opinion or relevant information regarding?? Thank You

Welder Dave

I think the 2510 is a much better tractor than the 2010. Was reading the 2010 were a problem child. I think the 2010 crawlers were a little better.

reganj

Thank You for the replies, That is the tractor. He is thinking it is worth 7k--It has 2 new rear tires, operating condition is good, not a show tractor. Anyone have an opinion regarding??

Welder Dave

Is it a diesel? A diesel is much more desirable than a gas model. Does the tach. work and how many hours does it show? What transmission? You don't give enough details to say if it's a good deal or not. The price is reasonable if everything works as it should and no obvious issues assuming it's a diesel.

reganj

It is diesel, everything operates as it should, no idea on hours, not sure on transmission. Thanks for the replies.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Just did some ignition work on a 2510 gasser for a neighbor, he paid $6500 ten years ago. If it's a diesel and it runs and everything works, for $7000 snatch it up.

MG84

Both the 2510 and later 2520 were very nice 55-60hp row crop tractors in their day. I wouldn't call them rare, however they were not near as popular as the 3010/3020.