• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1956 Austin-Western 99 Super

Bigred1775

My clutch is slipping on my AW 99S. Can anyone tell me if the clutch discs are available and the cost? Also my rear wheel seal is leaking, can anyone tell me the seal part numbers and labor involved, or any links. Thanks Scott

silverdollar

Occupation
nothing.....retired
Hi bigred. Just joined the forums and see that you have a 99 aw with what appears to be the same converter problems that I have, very weak. mine is a gm 4 banger and was wondering if you solved the problem. Any info would be appreciated. thanx

Bigred1775

Hey silverdollar, Sorry I did'nt reply sooner. That machine was sold at Richie Bros auction about a month ago. I wonder if you bought yours there and if were talking about the same machine. Please let me know.

silverdollar

Occupation
nothing.....retired
Hi Bigred and thanks for the reply. I recently bought a 99sw, six wheel with a detroit 471 and after only a couple hours work the torque converter( I think) is slipping bad. I have repair manuals orderded and will be looking for a mechanic familuar with this antique,f thats possible. Any thoughts or do you possibly know of anyone or perhaps a torque rebuilder ? I'm on the west slope in Delta county.