• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1953 Dorsey drop deck beavertail

1953Dorsey

Bought a 1953 Dorsey drop deck beavertail. I am looking for information regarding how much it can haul, the maintenance, part numbers... etc. I can't find anything on it. Please help.

td25c

That's cool . You don't see many trailers that age around any more . Single or tandem axil ? Most trailers of that era used grease packed wheel bearings unless it was converted over to oil bath . If you don't have any maintenance history on it might be a good idea to pull wheels & repack bearings & service brakes if need be . We still use a 1951 25 ton Lacrosse lowboy . A picture of your trailer might help with questions .

cphillips

If you post some pictures of various parts, hubs, wheel cylinders, etc. I might be able to help. I have been restoring a 1948 Rogers 40ton lowboy for the past few months and have learned a lot about buying parts and retrofitting.

Cole

mitch504

Yep, most single axle lowboys I've messed with have been 15 ton. That k15 seems to back that up.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I like the look of them old trailers. Look forward to seeing it complete. What's the tracked monster setting on it?

Last edited: