• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1942 Cletrac Crawler

vintex

Occupation
really heavy equipment operatore
hi guys check out cletrac.org for accurate info on these tractors they helped me heaps when i restored my BDH iv run both cletrac and cat crawlers and i think if cletrac had stuck around they would hav been a majour competitor in todays world.
they are really nice to operate foot clutch ,good gear shift lay out planetry steering and they had inovations like roller bush tracks, they were held in hi regard buy a lot of crop farmers before the advent of big wheel tractors

tripper_174

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator Trainer
When I was a kid I operated a Cletrac dozer. I'm guessing it was around 60 H.P. and was probably built in the 50's somewhere. The neat thing about it was that the steering controls were air assisted. There was a compressor on the engine similar to those found on trucks. Anyway, the steering clutches were extremely easy to use particularly in that day and age. The guy that owned it is still alive and in the day he cleared lots of bush with the tractor. I'll see what he can tell me about them.

ianoz

Hi KoO, I have seen you on the cletac site and didn't realize you where not visting there any more . I have just bought an OC6 oviler and joined to try and get info on it .Unfortuneate that not much happens over there . ian.

dozerdave

Hi Steve,

Super pictures. That is the first time I have seen angle iron bolted to a set of tracks. Looks like the square corners on the angle iron would make the cat hard to turn on firm ground.