• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1845c wont hardly move when warmed up, either side, unless lowering bucket then goes

dragracer5256

Tractor has some power when cold but once warms up wont even move when rasing bucket, but seems to move good while lowering bucket. Please explain, and i hope it doesnt entail rebuilding trans I did right side some time ago when this tractor had no power on one side.Kinda sounds like charge press low. Where does charge press come from? Havent guaged yet.
Help before i tear hydrostat out again

thanks in advance

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Hate to say dragracer it sounds serious.......... when lowering the bucket, the tank will get some extra air pressure in it, That is probably assisting the charge pump with a little extra flow.
Charge pump lives inside the tandem pump, right in the centre between 2 main pumps.
Time to get the gauges out.
Here's an old thread - you feature in last pages - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?18285-94-Case-1845C-drive-problems-please-help

Here's charge pressure test proceedure also

Attachments

• 1840,1845C tests p1.doc
    64 KB · Views: 263

dragracer5256

Forgot what i use to know

Being that its both sides { equaly weak}, is it likely that its just charge pump or am i looking at rotating groups on both pumps? I cant remember a separate charge pump in there.

Thanks

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Definitely 1 pump for both sides.
Could be the relief for charge pressure stuck open - would affect both sides.
Do the pressure test & let us know what you find.

Attachments

• 1845c charge pump.gif
    1845c charge pump.gif
    13 KB · Views: 661

dragracer5256

Where is the charge relief, I remember the 4 reliefs that come in from the sides (2 on each side)? Thanks

dragracer5256

charge pressure 160psi in neutral?

Tried shimming spring with no increase, so guess charge pump bad? Pulling trans. out tonight.

dragracer5256

need a little input on something

When i seperated the halfs, alum. charge pump housing in tight so i removed the big fitting( is that inlet side(comes from filter?) to get to the back side of housing and charge pump alignment pin was laying there didnt know where it came from till i knocked out housing. Looks as if housing was rotated, how? Pin looks ok.By drawing above looks like pin goes to top of pump, is that correct? There`s 2 holes in cast pump body. Im going to throw it back in there with pump correct and see what happens. Anyone ever seen this before ? Thanks

Scavenger

Occupation
Maintenance Tech, Welder
dragracer,

Just wondering what you found out. We bought a 1991 1845C as is because it has several problems. One of them being that it only has a slightly jerking forward motion (barely moves at all and jerks). Needs new flywheel......I guess it likes eating starters. More than likely I will be tearing it apart and checking the transmission.