• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

175c operating temp

Highteckredneck

Can somebody please tell me the operating temp of a 175c dresser loader? I recently purchased one and it seems to be running hot 2-220. Thanks

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Wash the outside of the radiator first, verify good airflow across the core, if still hot check the temp gauge for accuracy should it not be boiling coolant out, at last step change the thermostat AND seal. 175-190 should be high end.

Highteckredneck

Thanks for the reply. Any suggestions on how to check t stat? I have a temp gun but not sure where to aim it. Thanks again.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Coolant in the top tank at temp is what is passing the t-stat, should be the operating range of the unit, if the gauge is showing 200 and the top tank is at 190 to 170 then the gauge is probably off, cannot get that wide a degree difference that fast, thermometer need to be in the coolant stream. If it is 200 then you need to pull the stat. Tube type thermostats if this one has one require a seal to keep from bypassing to much coolant, if it has a tubular style replace the seal gently.