• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

175B stall lload

john_au

Hi to All
We have a 175B and have checked trans pressure’s main@200psi ,lube@10psi, converter with in spec.
And was interested if anyone could tell me if when at full throttle and up against say a stump and the tracks are slipping and then lift the bucket to load the drive does the motor drop in revs a lot before stalling the converter as we are not sure if we are getting full power to the drive.
Thanks
john_au

MECHTRONIK

You should find out the stall RPM speck from the dealer
If the Rpm attained is lower than spec then you need to look at your engine systems
fuel - air intake etc
If a higher Rpm is generated you have transmission clutch or converter problems
You should be able to achieve stall just on the brakes

frogfarmer

With the tracks already spinning under full load you are likely right on the verge of stall and a minor loading wont change much at that point. If you are familiar with what the machine should do and you know it is weak I would look at the engine before condeming the converter or trans. If you know the engine is right then get the book out and do the tests to verify a weak converter the book should have exact pressure ranges and RPM drops for the tests.

john_au

Thanks for all the input
We will check in the manual regarding stall speeds
It is just that we have a small john deer unit with a power shift trans and it seems to load the engine more as the machine loads i.e motor loads up to nearly stalling
Thanks
john_au

Last edited: