• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

16 Inch Front Tires for a Case 580 CK?

rasman57

My 69 Case 580 TLB needs new tires. The old mismatched set of junk on it when I bought it are done. I had a nice used set of Goodyear truck tires and they mounted up nice on the wheels but when I bolted them up, they are just a bit too wide. They rub against the spindle/steering arms. Cant find a strong wheel spacer that fits the 5 1/4 bolt spacing so it looks like I will have to find some new tires. Where do I look for a strong (10-12 ply rated ) 16 inch tire that will be less than 10 inches wide? Any experience or recommendations?

rasman57

I think I found a machine shop that will fabricate a set of spacers. The bolt pattern on the wheels is 5.25 and not 5.50 or I could buy standard 1/4 inch spacers. The tires on EBAY would work also. Wonder how an outfit can sell that tire at $150 bucks when most others folks have steered me towards (no pun) are at least that much and don't include free shipping from CA to IL which would be siignificant?

Leon Phelps

I use 235/85R16 LT tires. Same load range. Can be found used cheap. I have had them on for 10 years now. I did paint the inside of the rims to keep them clean.

shopteacher 1

You might try a welding shop with a plasma cutter. I have made wheel spacers in the past when I taught high school on a plasmacam - a computer aided plasma cutter. It would take about 20 minutes to design and cut out two 1/4" spacers.

John