• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

150-160 size excavator

Dozier Digging

I'm in the market for a 150-160 size hoe I'm looking at spending 30-35k for one my question what is the brand and is the best for me there is about all the popular brand dealers close I've been looking at cat and kamatsu I've owned hitachi and had great luck out of it

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
Im personally a Hitachi fan I like them more than cat or any of the others. My 2 cents is if you have all the big name dealers around and they are equal in terms of service dont focus on a particular brand look at all the machines and find the best bang for your buck because at the end of the day they all will get the job done

Dozier Digging

I've use to own these years ago and always had late model with low hrs I always traded before they had about 5k hrs what are the life hrs of these machines most machines in my price range have 6500-9500 hrs

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
It depends my buddy has a 130 kobelco with 2200hrs that i can fit my thumb in the slack of the pins and bores alway having electrical issues and hydraulic system problems and my uncle has an old hitachi 160 with 14k hrs and is super tight no oil leaks (hydraulic) engine does leak a little oil I dont see why somebody couldnt get 16k+ hours out of a machine if they take good care of it