• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

140-H blade lift cylinder bleeding off

finisher

Hey guys, I need some help. My 2006 140-H is bleeding off on the right side lift. I originally thought it was the cylinder but when I put down pressure on it and lift the front wheels off the ground it holds firm. I did a poor mans rebuild and replaced all the o rings in the entire valve and it still bleeds off.
Any suggestions

lantraxco

What do you mean by bleeding off, does it drift up when grading or does it drift down when raised up? Could still be piston seals in the cylinder.

finisher

The moldboard on the right side will bleed off and drift down at an idle, full throttle and even when the engine is off.
It's worse when the machine has been running and the oil is hot.
At night I'll get the tires off the ground to keep from getting flat spots and it does not drift up, it will hold

Cmark

To find out whether it's the cylinder or the valve you need to disconnect the lift cylinder hoses at the valve and exchange them with the valve next door, if that makes sense. If the problem remains, then it's the cylinder at fault, otherwise it's a problem in the valve.

If you find it's the valve, be prepared to have to buy a new valve section. They can be dismantled for repair but more often than not an internal plug comes loose and jams the lock valves making it unrepairable.

Cmark

FYI if you do find that you need a new valve section, the part number is 6E3031.

rocknrabbit

The moldboard on the right side will bleed off and drift down at an idle, full throttle and even when the engine is off.
It's worse when the machine has been running and the oil is hot.
At night I'll get the tires off the ground to keep from getting flat spots and it does not drift up, it will hold

Pretty likely your cylinder seals are done. Your front tyres could be held up indefinetly even if you had no piston seals or no piston at all, providing rod seal, hoses and valving don't leak.

pedrocar

Occupation
grader operator
You Blokes Cmark and Nige your good know your **** , you really do a great job sorting probs we see here great work you blokes