• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

12G Clutch pedal

Queenslander

The clutch/inching pedal on our 12G suddenly stopped working this morning.
I won't have an opportunity to investigate fully until the weekend but I've ordered a new cable, hoping this is the cause.
Are there any other common causes of clutch failure?
Machine operates fine otherwise, except for some irritating electrical gremlins which have appeared in the last day.
Cheers, Greg

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
The clutch/inching pedal on our 12G suddenly stopped working this morning.
I won't have an opportunity to investigate fully until the weekend but I've ordered a new cable, hoping this is the cause.
Are there any other common causes of clutch failure?
Machine operates fine otherwise, except for some irritating electrical gremlins which have appeared in the last day.
Cheers, Greg

It is not a broken return spring is it? Of course the clutch pedal will just drop to the floor but I have had this happen several times.

Queenslander

Turns out the cable has been damaged by a stick, or the like, at some stage in the past and this is where it eventually let go.
At $105 for a genuine replacement, I doubt that I could of bought a clutch cable for my dirt bike for the same amount.
Cheers, Greg

Radrock

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Turns out the cable has been damaged by a stick, or the like, at some stage in the past and this is where it eventually let go.
At $105 for a genuine replacement, I doubt that I could of bought a clutch cable for my dirt bike for the same amount.
Cheers, Greg

Well good deal. Glad it wasn't anything worse!