• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

125 galion

I am trying to find the grease fittings to lube the turn table bearing, I was told there between the outside gear teeth, I have removed the top plugs where you access the bolts and can not find anything, nor can I locate any between the teeth thru this hole, anyone know?1000008120.jpg

So I have two pipe thread covers, the large one gives you access to the bearing bolts, the other, much smaller, let's you see the bolts but it's not big enough to get a socket thru, this machine is old, can't find any serial numbers except for the engine, IH d282 868 serial number, so my manuals don't cover mine. Tech guy at cherry picker parts has never seen one like mine
1000008122.jpg1000008123.jpg1000008123.jpg

crane operator

The zerk on the outside of the ring (that coaldust circled), just greases the teeth on the turntable gear.

I'm going to guess you need to rotate the upper while looking in the hole where your pipe plug is, until you see the zerk.

I doubt the pipe plug is factory, they probably just welded it on, if they were working in a dirty environment and tired of getting trash in the open hole. This is after they lost the factory cap. They welded on a piece of threaded pipe and plugged it.

The zerk on the outside of the ring (that coaldust circled), just greases the teeth on the turntable gear.

I'm going to guess you need to rotate the upper while looking in the hole where your pipe plug is, until you see the zerk.

I doubt the pipe plug is factory, they probably just welded it on, if they were working in a dirty environment and tired of getting trash in the open hole. This is after they lost the factory cap. They welded on a piece of threaded pipe and plugged it.
So I have gone around 5 times looking in the top holes, cleaning any debris off so I didn't miss it, I have gone through the open hole that exposes the driven gear teeth and and looked between every tooth several times and used a probe and I can't find anything

crane operator

Well I don't know what to tell you. I can't see it from my house, and I ain't coming to hold your hand. Did you crawl underneath and see if they are on the bottom side/ inside?

Considering it was built in probably 1978, you can either keep looking for the broken off zerks, or they replaced the turntable bearing somewhere along the line, and never put the zerks in. Or put the bearing in with the zerks on the bottom/ inside. Or you can say screw it and never grease it.

Judging by the crap welds on the gearbox mount on each side, if you never grease it and it rips the turntable off, it won't be the first time the turntable has been worked on. Somewhere along the line she's taken a pretty good whack and needed some reinforcement.

As old as it is, anything could have been modified on it. Anything we tell you is just a guess, and your best answers are with whoever used to own it. If that's not a resource, you're just going to have to figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I'll take pictures of my 150's grease locations next time I'm by it.

galion bearing 1 1.jpggalion bearing 2.jpg

Well I don't know what to tell you. I can't see it from my house, and I ain't coming to hold your hand. Did you crawl underneath and see if they are on the bottom side/ inside?

Considering it was built in probably 1978, you can either keep looking for the broken off zerks, or they replaced the turntable bearing somewhere along the line, and never put the zerks in. Or put the bearing in with the zerks on the bottom/ inside. Or you can say screw it and never grease it.

Judging by the crap welds on the gearbox mount on each side, if you never grease it and it rips the turntable off, it won't be the first time the turntable has been worked on. Somewhere along the line she's taken a pretty good whack and needed some reinforcement.

As old as it is, anything could have been modified on it. Anything we tell you is just a guess, and your best answers are with whoever used to own it. If that's not a resource, you're just going to have to figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I'll take pictures of my 150's grease locations next time I'm by it.

View attachment 308071View attachment 308072
Thanks, engine serial number is 682 and they started building the d282 in like 57, can't locate the machine serial number because the tag is gone and the one that should be on the frame had something welded over it at on time and has rusted away, it has a cab serial number and it's 800 something so it's old, I had the rotary valve out and didn't see any fittings inside or underneath it, I'll keep digging.........Jeff wins, eventually