• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

120 AD3 Bomag Roller wobbling rear drum

Snatch

Occupation
Civil Engineer/ Contractor
All,

I have just changed some hydraulic hoses for my Bomag 120 AD3 roller. We started to operate the machine and noticed that the back drum is wobbling and making a noise (grinding metal on metal). I was told that the problem is that the bushing for the rear drum needs replacing.

Has anyone ever experienced this senario. Are we on the correct path.

Looking forward to any response

Thanks
DW

chewy

wobble

drums are mounted with rubber isolaters behind the large disc. look for the 5 nuts behind the drive mtr and behind the vib mtr. they will be broken. usualy from tieing down too tight for transport.

Drtdigger4

Occupation
Mechanic, operator
I'm having this same problem with a roller right now. It blew a hydraulic line changed that line and the next one to it cause it was bout to blow too. After doing thing the drum is not vibrating. The machine itself is vibrating but not vibrating the drum. What did you find wrong with your roller any help is greatly appreciated I'm at loss at what's wrong with it
Thanks